Meathead Dark #000

For the explorer in the realms of distortion generation.

Moderator: The Captain

1bottlerocket

Re: Meathead Dark #000

Post by 1bottlerocket »

The redesigned interface is a big plus, I am really looking forward to it.
Last edited by 1bottlerocket on Mon May 11, 2009 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
drunkenguitarist

Re: Meathead Dark #001

Post by drunkenguitarist »

i love sharin foo wrote:
happiass wrote:
Sickle wrote:I gotta say, this Meathead Dark is very close to being my favorite fuzz box I've ever had the pleasure of plugging into.
:agree: I haven't been able to stop playing mine. I have a few meatheads and I dig them all, but I'm pretty sure the Dark is hands-down my favorite.
I can now vouch for this!

The dark is a total beast. The black and gold one I have sounds huge and I didn't think that the dark could go that much forther.... but it does :shocked2: It is going to be a permanent fixture for me. I'm finding that having big cabs with a healthy speaker count and high powered heads is pretty much a prerequisite here. My little Orange AD5 can't handle this bastard at all.. the lows and volume are just too much. It entirely overloads and sounds like it's on a delay almost :zgrin: So far I am really liking it through my Matamp 120, set slightly cleaner than usual. I can see how these might not work well for some folks, but for me and my usual setup, this is perfect.

Also, those graphics look even better in person Donovan!
Justin,
You really ought to do a sound clip for us, man! :freakout: