"level and attack" book review?

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

fernieite

"level and attack" book review?

Post by fernieite »

Hi guys,

I've searched for any threads on this book, but to no avail. For those of you who have the book, what's your opinion about it? :coffee:

I didnt have the funds when it came out, but I just bought one from a guy on Reverb. (#219) it's in the mail. :tu:
Last edited by fernieite on Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.
jreeves47

Re: " level and attack " book review?

Post by jreeves47 »

It's great, I love it. It's very high quality. Superb pics of historical tonebenders and great interviews. Next best thing to spending thousands of dollars on an original tonebender.
fernieite

Re: "level and attack" book review?

Post by fernieite »

Cool, sounds great! Looking forward to it. :badlove:

Just curious: out of the 1100 or so members on this forum - How many have a copy? There were only 500 printed, so that's roughly 1 out of every two of us! :badteeth:
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.
Laundromat

Post by Laundromat »

fernieite wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:16 pmso that's roughly 1 out of every two of us!
We're not all made of money. :smashed:
Condolences, the bums lost!
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

Yeah, true that. 75 Pounds or $100 (US) is quite expensive. As I said, I didn't have the funds when they were originally for sale a year or so ago.

It's a very niche market for this sort of thing, but I'd imagine many on this forum (especially) would be in this category.

Any other reviews?
daCod

Post by daCod »

i stashed some cash in prep to grab one when they were released. was lucky enough to get #003.
book is superb both visually and historically. loads of good stuff in there - you will NOT be disappointed!!!
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Its pretty damn awesome and worth every penny :party:

Its something you can just dip into now and again, pictures are superb and great words from everyone involved :party:

That's about my limit on book reports :badteeth: you will love it though
’brutish in character but not thug like’
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Great book: well researched, fun interviews, and killer photos. If you're into fuzz you need it. Not cheap to be sure but everything about it screams quality.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Lach

Post by Lach »

I only just snuck in when there were a few left and got 400 and something... as soon as it arrived and I opened it I was so stoked I hadn't missed out! A really well done publication, great stories and photos, and follows the whole Tone Bender lineage in great detail. Congrats on managing to snag one
Fuzzisthebest

Post by Fuzzisthebest »

I bought my book in London personally from Ant and it’s fantastic .
It was expensive but I figured I was in London and shipping to Australia would have cost almost what the book itself cost .
I took the opportunity to buy a Son of green bastard and a Dog Mk 1 also . Love them all but a special shout to the wonders of the son of a green bastard .