Re: Love of fuzz vs Money

Post by Spook »

They are fuckers 4 sure
its a fucking shame if all good fuzz end up in the hands of blooze layers
:pazuzu:
tigerdriver

Post by tigerdriver »

Thinking back to when I joined this board, it was accepted behavior for people to score a DAM pedal for list price and then resell to another member for a 25% profit or more. Such were the “morals” of the time, on Dave’s own forum no less. Thankfully that seemed to stop when a certain person got booted out.
Lee

Post by Lee »

I love fuzz just like everyone here. I was looking on Reverb and eBay at some of the prices certain pedals are selling for especially in Japan. I have sold a lot of pedals in the past DAM, Pigdog, Jerms, Castledine and Sola Sounds to buy more different fuzz. I always regret selling them especially for what I sold them for years ago. I really wish I kept everything and sold other stuff around the house. I had a Mint Pre Shin-ei Honey Univibe I sold that sounded so good now the prices are insane if I would find another one. Everything was different 10 years ago. Maybe sell whatever you have besides your coveted fuzz :idunno: :hmm:
so&so

Post by so&so »

innerflight wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:07 pm Fuck So-Cal Amplification :fu:

They buy shit just to double the price instantly
I’ve also noticed that several of their listings were pedals that dangergirlstarship listed for sale here and instagram shortly before for considerably less. I was curious if they were a member or lurker here.
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

They are
’brutish in character but not thug like’
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

The prices of fuzz or pedals in general have gotten rediculous and only exacerbated by the pandemic. I feel like we are in the designer sneakers market or something.
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
Spook

Post by Spook »

Lee wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:41 pm I love fuzz just like everyone here. I was looking on Reverb and eBay at some of the prices certain pedals are selling for especially in Japan. I have sold a lot of pedals in the past DAM, Pigdog, Jerms, Castledine and Sola Sounds to buy more different fuzz. I always regret selling them especially for what I sold them for years ago. I really wish I kept everything and sold other stuff around the house. I had a Mint Pre Shin-ei Honey Univibe I sold that sounded so good now the prices are insane if I would find another one. Everything was different 10 years ago. Maybe sell whatever you have besides your coveted fuzz :idunno: :hmm:
I know that regret really well, have had lots of cool vintage guitars over the years...always sold them to buy something else, prices were not as crazy as now on guitars either so lots of buying and selling. I so wish i had kept my -66 jag and my -60 jr....and the -68 sg special :doh:
:pazuzu:
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Things will only sell for what someone is willing to pay for them I guess.
Prob is when someone throws up a crack pipe price and it sells , everyone and their dog wants to stick there’s up at the same price.
That price then becomes the new bench Mark. Still... it is what it is.
For me personally Like Nick said I’ve found crazy good fuzz for like £150 new.
It’s there.
You’re prob not getting the heritage from some new builders but for me the quality is there.
Dave & Steve have been doing it for years. Their builds are snapped up as soon as they’re advertised.
They’ve earned that. They are up there with the top dogs.
Still I’ve also played & own fuzz which I like just as much from maybe more unknown builders and cheaper.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

PS as for Stu, I don’t think he’s caught on how cheap his products are yet haha!
The guys a master and legend in this game.
He prob hasn’t raised his prices since day one so if you’re after quality and from a guy that accompanied Dave & Steve in the rise to getting these old classics out there after all these years his builds are second to none.
Personally I’d rather sell any £500 pedal I own and buy two of stus :D
Jon

Post by Jon »

Yeah, So Cal sucks. And even his pricing has doubled. I got an SB66 for $300 at a year ago, now he’s selling one for $700. Anytime a decent priced D*A*M pops up you’ll see it in his feed a week later.