Aliens at Walmart, help needed...

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Spook

Re: Aliens at Walmart, help needed...

Post by Spook »

Rygar wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:01 am Wow, the price of action figures is high! I haven't been in Walmart in a long time, the toys used to be cheap. I bought up Jawas and Jabba the Huts when we would wander the all 24hr walmart out of our heads - that seems like yesterday but it was when the prequels came out - its been a long time I guess. Neve saw E.T. in a walmart so I gues we weren't that lost.

Seems to me the prices are inflated now so the coming sales will seem like a better deal. So my feeling is to wait until monday after thanksgiving then get to the post office quick.
How do you think we should ship? when is a safe date to make sure package arrives US to Sweden by christmas eve?

My cousin is a bargain shopper, I'm gonna put her on it. That ultra action six piece set you linked seems to cover all the bases though. Maybe I should order that online now while it's in stock and then wait until a sale for an additional alien or two?
the Cod-father got me covered :freakout:
But big thanks for taking the time to check!
I was born in the 70s so grew up with Star Wars and stuff, and it feels like toys (like everything else) has gone up in price....even the "cheap" stuff.
Plus beeing in europe the shipping prices are fucked up

Great idea to wait after the holiday !!!:)

Thank you for the help man
:pazuzu:
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

I was curious so I did a google and found this: https://worldgeeklynews.com/the-modern- ... 980s-toys/

They say that in 1983 the suggested retail price of a He-Man was £4.49. In today's price that's ~ £18.68. The Xenomorph figures are all like $20-30 USD or £16-25. So maybe not THAT crazy expensive, adjusting for inflation?
Spook

Post by Spook »

Dr Tony Balls wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:34 pm I was curious so I did a google and found this: https://worldgeeklynews.com/the-modern- ... 980s-toys/

They say that in 1983 the suggested retail price of a He-Man was £4.49. In today's price that's ~ £18.68. The Xenomorph figures are all like $20-30 USD or £16-25. So maybe not THAT crazy expensive, adjusting for inflation?
Yeah, these are pretty cheap considering, i meant more in general terms. We were getting him an Neca Alien figure first, but it will get broken in 3 min flat :banger:
Then i stumbled over these, wich seem sturdier, and cheaper.
But you are probably right, adjusting for inflation its probably about the same, and i remember my parents complaining how expensive the star wars figs were too :hihi:
Rygar

Post by Rygar »

like I said "after Thanksgiving" well the prices on that Aliens set went down.
Spook

Post by Spook »

Rygar wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:17 pm like I said "after Thanksgiving" well the prices on that Aliens set went down.
Sure did :)