two new bundles of joy in the fuzz family

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

blungo2

two new bundles of joy in the fuzz family

Post by blungo2 »

This isn't my first post here, but it's the first time i've actually posted anything with content to it.
Two incredible new fuzzes arrived in the blungo household this week. A Monolith Spectre and a custom Creepyfingers Creepyface. They're as different as night and day, but both are amazing.

Last edited by blungo2 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
blungo2

Re: two new bundles of joy in the fuzz family

Post by blungo2 »

Sickle wrote:That's good shit right there, man! Two of my favorite builders!

:cthulhu:
Thanks, they're both great fuzzes. Here's my other current favorite. It's a Soulkitchen El Toro
blungo2

Post by blungo2 »

Sickle wrote:Another favorite!

[Running out of favorites here; only two left!]

:hihi:
Wait. Let me guess. one starts with a D? Someday i'll be able to join the D*A*M society, when the new lists open up.

What's the other favorite?
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

What custom options did you get on the Creepy Face? Also, that Spectre looks great. However, I wish the sound clips on the Monolith site were higher fidelity. As they are now, I cannot really tell what the Spectre is doing, but the verbal description sounds intriguing.
blungo2

Post by blungo2 »

jimi_dylan wrote:What custom options did you get on the Creepy Face? Also, that Spectre looks great. However, I wish the sound clips on the Monolith site were higher fidelity. As they are now, I cannot really tell what the Spectre is doing, but the verbal description sounds intriguing.
The only real custom part (other than being in a pedalenclosures.com case) is being able to switch the first transistor between silicon or germanium.

The verbal description of the Spectre is right on. It's a relatively low gain fuzz (or a higher gain boost, depending on how you set it). But it's real magic lies in it's peculiar tonal qualities. It's absolutely perfect for surf or creepy blues stuff and is very dynamic as well. Like i told Mike Elkins (the builder), it's the sound that i've been looking for, but didn't even know was possible.

I will post clips in a week or so.
blungo2

Post by blungo2 »

Sickle wrote:
blungo2 wrote:What's the other favorite?
Rick DeMarco, who keeps a pretty low profile and only has an eBay shop(which is down right now). Those 5 guys are the only active pedal makers that I currently do any business with, and I can't see a reason to add anyone else.
Cool. Not sure i've heard of him. I'll keep my eyes and ears open. Does he have a brand name?
blungo2

Post by blungo2 »

Sickle wrote:
jimi_dylan wrote:As they are now, I cannot really tell what the Spectre is doing, but the verbal description sounds intriguing.
The Spectre kicks ass all over the place.

:fu:

Yes it does. I've never heard anything like it.
blunder

Post by blunder »

Sickle wrote:
jimi_dylan wrote:As they are now, I cannot really tell what the Spectre is doing, but the verbal description sounds intriguing.

Very soon, a Spectre will be kicking ass all over MY place :headbanger:

Nice new additions, Blungo2. That Creepyface is sick! The El Toro is pretty sweet too. I have a couple of Andy's pedal's and they rock.
blungo2

Post by blungo2 »

blunder wrote:
Sickle wrote:

Very soon, a Spectre will be kicking ass all over MY place :headbanger:

Nice new additions, Blungo2. That Creepyface is sick! The El Toro is pretty sweet too. I have a couple of Andy's pedal's and they rock.
Thanks! I heart all three fuzzes very much, Amazing fuzzes by great builders/designers.
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

blungo2 wrote:
jimi_dylan wrote: it's real magic lies in it's peculiar tonal qualities. It's absolutely perfect for surf or creepy blues stuff and is very dynamic as well. Like i told Mike Elkins (the builder), it's the sound that i've been looking for, but didn't even know was possible.

I will post clips in a week or so.
Thanks for the remarks about the Spectre. That REALLY piques my interest. Clips, yes! I look forward to hearing it.