Do Different Meatheads Have Different Tonal Characteristics?

Ask a question...get some answers

Moderator: The Captain

slomatic

Re: Do Different Meatheads Have Different Tonal Characteristics?

Post by slomatic »

HOLY SHIT - what a tune!!!!!! Amazing stuff! More please!!!
Volume over talent
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

Nice tones and songwriting, core9! Kind of reminds me of early Sabbath, except of course lower and more lumbering. Enjoyed it!
core9

Post by core9 »

Thanks fellas for the info and really glad you dig the tunes! Will be putting 2 new songs up on the myspace in a week or so.
MMG

Post by MMG »

What I find weird is the over all tone of the MD I won back in April is quite different than the red-letter one-knobber I have recently purchased. I relied on the opinion of the experts here that its (the Deluxe) a meathead on steroids, but for some reason my ears I didnt see it that way.
In fact, there was really only one setting on the Deluxe I really bonded with (even though at first I was in a "Honeymoon phase" and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread just because it was a DAM product and I couldnt find one person who didnt like them, so all these DAM heads COULDNT be wrong) and that was fll on filter and gain. When eith of those knobs were backed off I didnt like it, it sounded almost TOO uncompressed and rough.

But then I talked to a friend who had a regualr 'head and he assured me I would like this one, so I bought a red-lettered one knob and the thing didnt just ROCK MY WORLD,
it ROCKED MY UNIVERSE. I couldnt believe the unlimited sustain, something I couldnt get from the Dee. The Meathead is the most balls to the walls, the most completely insane fuzz I have ever heard. I cant think of anything that even REMOTELY comes close to the devasation this this leaves in its path. All others sound so thin and anemic by comparison.
Salmon-the other pink meat
thesjkexperience

Post by thesjkexperience »

I was comparing my Meathead (a new red letter version) to my Meathead Deluxe and it seems the one knob has more gain and fuzz. Like the above poster I cant get enough of my Meathead, but the deluxe is going to take a bit more experimenting. It acts like it might need more power, so against recommendations I might throw in a modern battery.
Steal a little and they throw you in jail. Steal a lot and they make you a King. -- Bob Dylan

"ripped out of the sky reforming thought into creation electric motion begins" - Linzi