My Noise / Electropop / LoFi thing. TRIANGULUM

Post sounds and videos of bands you dig on, even your own.

Moderator: The Captain

Jim Goad

My Noise / Electropop / LoFi thing. TRIANGULUM

Post by Jim Goad »

If you're into that kinda stuff or want to hear what a drum machine sounds like through a Sonic Titan check out my 1 man project thingy.

http://www.myspace.com/triangulumorchestra

:bong:
It's like an orange on a toothpick
imlikeajungle

Re: My Noise / Electropop / LoFi thing. TRIANGULUM

Post by imlikeajungle »

I like it Jim!
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

Thanks!
eastcoast

Post by eastcoast »

WOW man. That is absolutely sick man. I love it man. Man, Ive been goin in that sort of direction lately, Seriously I'm speechless. If you dont mind me askin, what gear you using with triangulum, and what DAW (logic, ableton?) you usin. Good shit :tu:
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

I love Massive Attack & all that mid to late 90's progressive dance music - Aphex Twin, Leftfield, squarepusher etc...

I mostly use Guitar, Fretless Bass & mega-cheap 1980's keyboards with various guitar effects. Boss Octaver, Big Muff, DOD Stereo Chorus & my Rangemaster clone usually work best. The Drum machine is a Boss Dr Rhythm DR550 which usually goes through my Sonic Titan and is then heavily fucked with by some severe noise gate settings. For dirty, scratchy noise I hook up 2 Ibanez DL-5 delays that have little pots inside that can be adjusted to self-oscillate & give very long, distorted repeats. One of them is so knackered that it has a mind of it's own & squeaks, Crackles & beeps when I turn the knobs. :zgrin:

Everything is recorded into a Yamaha AW16G digital 16 track or a Yamaha MT-50 cassette 4 track. I kinda like the old-fashioned way of recording things & the only on-board effects I use on the AW16G are the noise gate, Dynamic filter & Chorus.

I try to take an 'anything that comes to hand' approach. Ebow, Tibetan Singing Bowl, Paint cans, Violin Bows, Stylophone, Bongs, Mobile Phones, Wine Glasses etc.... they all get used.