Best amp for D*A*M pedals?

Ask a question...get some answers

Moderator: The Captain

i love sharin foo

Re: Best amp for D*A*M pedals?

Post by i love sharin foo »

I generally use either a Green Matamp 120 (with a master volume) or a '76 Orange Overdrive 120 (also a master volume). Both sound amazing and saturate a LOT even without the help of any pedals. I usually run both in tandem.. aim for more sludgy, bottom heavier, rolled off tones out of the Mat and a more crisp, clear tone out of the Orange. I also use a '72 pix only Orange OR80 that is a clean machine till painful volumes. It is a total monster that has the most extreme dynamics I have ever heard in an amp. The attack is instantaneous. All of my D*A*M stuff sounds great with them. But to be honest, I don't think the amp matters too much, as long as it is a good sounding one. As long as you're pretty familiar with adjusting technique and tweaking pedals and amps, it's not tough to get great sounds out of any of David's stuff.
Colby

Re: Best amp for D*A*M pedals?

Post by Colby »

I've got a custom made 4xKT88 beast made by Steamboat Ampworks in Houston. No frills, super simple controls (Gain, Tone, and Volume only), and it sounds great for both guitar and bass. Needless to say, it takes pedals exceedingly well. It's the seafoam green one:

More pics and info on here:

http://www.myspace.com/steamboatampworks