Ronson's 2nd Aladdin Sane era Fuzz?? Manlay Sound content.

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Sauniere

Ronson's 2nd Aladdin Sane era Fuzz?? Manlay Sound content.

Post by Sauniere »

Sauniere

Re: Ronson's 2nd Aladdin Sane era Fuzz?? Manlay Sound content.

Post by Sauniere »

Sickle wrote:Uh..what fuzz survives after going into an overdrive and then into a fully driven amp?
That's what I was thinking as well when I saw the pedal lineup for his demo vid.
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

"I detected Ronson’s pedal was a bit mis-adjusted. For that reason he achieved some of his signature sounds which were in fact
due to this issue, such as farting sounds as the note decays or strange noises."

I liked the sound, but sounds like he's full of speculative crap so to speak.
Last edited by SonicVI on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you want to write rock lyrics you must learn about where the Hobbits dwell."
Electric Warrior

Post by Electric Warrior »

maybe it's your silicon MKI circuit :hihi:
Everything is transitional.
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

In 1973 Mick Ronson switched his famous Sola Sound Tone Bender MK1 to a new fuzz box. A new more agressive sound appeared on David Bowie's records, starting with "Aladdin Sane" or "Ziggy Stardust: The Motion Picture". Mick Ronson played his Marshall Major severely overdriven and used to kick his fuzz for solos. The fuzz box was first in the signal chain before the wah-wah, then into a Maestro Echoplex and the Marshall amp.

Is this true? I thought Ronson only used the MKI?
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

Electric Warrior wrote:maybe it's your silicon MKI circuit :hihi:
No, that one I posted a while back was crap. The one I have not posted is much better. :hihi:
"If you want to write rock lyrics you must learn about where the Hobbits dwell."
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

DucRyder wrote:In 1973 Mick Ronson switched his famous Sola Sound Tone Bender MK1 to a new fuzz box. A new more agressive sound appeared on David Bowie's records, starting with "Aladdin Sane" or "Ziggy Stardust: The Motion Picture". Mick Ronson played his Marshall Major severely overdriven and used to kick his fuzz for solos. The fuzz box was first in the signal chain before the wah-wah, then into a Maestro Echoplex and the Marshall amp.

Is this true? I thought Ronson only used the MKI?

There's no possible way he could possibly know any of this. It's true the appearance of Mick's pedal changed, but according to more credible sources it was his MK1 rehoused.
He oughta just say he's selling a pedal that sounds similar to Ronson's tone and not that it's an actual circuit used by Mick, at least not without actual evidence to back it up.
Last edited by SonicVI on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott

Post by Scott »

youre absolutely right sonic 6. This guy is way out of line on this one.
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

SonicVI wrote:

There's no possible way this guy from Spain could possibly know any of this. It's true the appearance of Mick's pedal changed, but according to more credible sources it was his MK1 rehoused.
He oughta just say he's selling a pedal that sounds similar to Ronson's tone and not that it's an actual circuit used by Mick, at least not without actual evidence to back it up.
I don't think he says it's the actual circuit, just that it achieves the tone.... too bad the guy from guitar hangar who has Mick's Pig amp doesn't have the pedal as well!
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
zerorez

Post by zerorez »

Sickle has the Rono Bender as a addition to part of his various MKI collection?, he thought it was a good sounding MKI build. :hmm: