mezcalhead

Fuzzaround feeding frenzy .. !?

Post by mezcalhead »

Ruh-roh!

:shock:
JP30

Re: Fuzzaround feeding frenzy .. !?

Post by JP30 »

wow. Black enclosure. . . the original, one of ten Fuzzaround....
I wonder how much it's going to end at.

I don't think It will reach $1800.00 thou..
cubba

Post by cubba »

That's Philip's pedal.

:hmm:
What gets me is all the tweaking,
just crank that bitch and be done with it! -- duende
cubba

Post by cubba »

Sickle wrote:The recently forum-departed Phillips?

The mystery deepens..

:cthulhu:
Ja vol mein liebchen.

:shocked:

(I like all these buggy-eyed smilies)
What gets me is all the tweaking,
just crank that bitch and be done with it! -- duende
minimoog56

forget the fuzzaround - he is selling the Triumph!@$#!@

Post by minimoog56 »

And the cool Vampower junior amp...

Poor old Phil - maybe he went redundant?
Graham

Post by Graham »

It will be an interesting one to follow for sure! I can definitely say I am just watching for a change.

On that 65 I said it would be a frenzy (and I wasn't the only one bidding strongly there either!) There has been so much interest over these particular pedals - and deservedly so they are truly outstanding - having an original one as well as No2 of the black run I can categorically state that they are effectively identical in play - BRILLIANT :shocked:

I can already see the auction floor awash with the freshly flowed blood of frantic and frustrated fuzzers fiercely fighting for this little fuzzy fucker (all the f words I could dream up at 5 in the morning!

And it's one of the first ten black models - seriously though I can see these particular pedals taking on a real reputation for themselves - especially the very first of them and I would imagine the time would soon come where they would easily be seen as the match of that 65 when it comes to the desirability stakes (and it follows the value).

With all the good folks who have been bemoaning their failure to make the listings - well now they have a chance at one - dig deep - it's prioritisation time guys!! In my humble opinion these pedals will become known as true classics - just as with the Mk 1 Tonebender - the original Buzzaround is effectively unobtainable and Dave has already said that with one thing and another (including access to & availability of suitable transistors) he will not be making any more in a hurry!

I can almost hear all their partners / wives stirring themselves to say "oh no you don't" or "you must be bloody joking!" or eventually maybe even "How Much!!" 8-) G :party: (go for it graham)

Man! - I go out of the country for just a few weeks and when I get back online its all changed!! :roll:
Poorbob

Post by Poorbob »

I might get my head cut off for this, but here goes. Does it irk anyone in the slightest that Philip sells his custom pedals almost right after he gets them? Don't know if he bought a Fuzzrong, but he has sold his '65 and now a Fuzzaround. Keep it in the family at least Philip. Unless of course he needs money, than all is right. Anyway, wondering if it was just me that thought it a little unbecoming of a D*A*M follower. I love Philip as much as anyone else, and not saying it is necessarily wrong, yet just wondered what others thought as I do?
:whistle:

Nothing to see here, nothing to see. :whistle:

P.S. What does "going redundant" mean?
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

nah, doesn't irk me...

I just think that's Philip's personality...
he likes to keep it simple...get his favorite rig
and unloads anything else that doesn't fit that set-up...

i suppose he could've offered it up for sale here, but as we know,
he decided to take a break from this cyber world...
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
Poorbob

Post by Poorbob »

That makes sense. Ahh, I always read too much into people's motives and think they have a totally different reason for doing things than they do. It never occurred to me that his style/setup didn't fit/need the pedals. I guess it's the buy-try-decide strategy of setup acquisition. I do that, except I haven't gotten rid of the stuff I don't need.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Poorbob wrote:I might get my head cut off for this, but here goes. Does it irk anyone in the slightest that Philip sells his custom pedals almost right after he gets them? Don't know if he bought a Fuzzrong, but he has sold his '65 and now a Fuzzaround. Keep it in the family at least Philip. Unless of course he needs money, than all is right. Anyway, wondering if it was just me that thought it a little unbecoming of a D*A*M follower. I love Philip as much as anyone else, and not saying it is necessarily wrong, yet just wondered what others thought as I do?
:whistle:

Nothing to see here, nothing to see. :whistle:

P.S. What does "going redundant" mean?
Redundancy is being put out of work - but although I have been out of touch for the last several weeks I didnt catch anything that said Phil had lost his job - just that he felt the net was taking too much of his available free time and the pedal disease was ruining his finances (like me then on both counts!!)

Regarding his decisions - they are his prerogative - we all have different hands dealt to us and everybody needs to play the hand they are given - just some choose to play differently. Strikes me that Philip has enjoyed the chance to play with pedals that he then has to move on to allow him to afford other essentials (like food maybe!) - A perfectly decent way of behaving - me - I'm a hoarder and player but I have friends who turn stuff (cars/guitars/motorbikes/women) over at what seems to me to be frightening rate - whs right and whos wrong - (speaking fairly we are both right and maybe both a bit wrong at the same time)

The old chestnut of free market values has had the ink worn off the keyboard buttons on ths forum and I have no intention of adding to it beyond saying that I would very much doubt Philip ever set out to profit from any of his toys - however if it should turn out that he gets a little extra out of a deal - bloody good luck to him!! Some people can afford to take a different view - i.e the reselling of our beloved pedals at original cost to one of the worthy (i.e ME!) but in reality it doesnt often happen particularly on the really desirable things (I would make the observation that our friend Jack is a man amongst men when it comes to these things as he insisted on ONLY taking what he'd paid for a pedal he sold me despit my trying to press some more into his hand! - one or two others as well!)

Yes it is a little weird that a pedal which so many are waiting to have delivered at a fixed price of £250 or so (I forget) might already attract a figure several multiples of that - I would expect the fuzzaround at the least to make several times the original price (and hope so for Phils sake) I would think the Captain feels it the most but on the other hand he is getting what he asked for them and has the advantage of seeing his "product" gaining in popularity to such an extent that it suggests a profitable and secure future for his pedal building/business affairs - not a bad situation to be in!

I would also expect the recent high price of that 65 to spring some more (I'm relying on it!!) - that nice early Mk2 with Mullard mustard caps also raised some eyebrows in the last couple of days at $700 odd! and will predict that Philips won't be the only fuzzaround that gets flipped at some point - and I would also expect more "desirable" or early or custom examples to be turning up on the market -ignoring a potential profit is a luxury that not everybody can afford to pass up if things get tight which they certainly are over here right now..

Not meant as a sermon on capitalism - there are lots of things wrong with life but you will come across worse than "pedal-inflation" believe me!! (I dont like taxes or the pink bits you get in popcorn - both much worse a problem than pedal-flation!)

Donovan - the answer is yes of course you must try for it!!!!!

G :party: