Fuzzaround feeding frenzy .. !?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Ted

Re: Fuzzaround feeding frenzy .. !?

Post by Ted »

MKI wrote:Hey there folks, it's Philip! Erm, just taking a break from my internet sabbatical!? :hihi:

I knew putting the fuzzaround on ebay would get some interesting comments and obviously surprise a number of people.

I just want to clear a few things yup in case you think I'm a cunt or something! :oops:

First of all, I'm a rather impulsive person, I see something I buy it, even if I can't really afford it or really need it I also sell things that I feel I just ain't using much. Psycho Daisies is right on how I view gear, but it doesn;t stop me buying stuff. :bangs head:

Anyway, I am in debt via my credit card and I need to have that cleared this year(I am failing miserably!), I'm getting a bit desperate, thus the fuzzaround was on ebay. I've took it down as for various reasons I just can't let myself sell the thing!!! BUT, I doubt I will be using it that much, and that feels just as weird as selling it on to someone who would use it a lot!

Over the years I have made and lost money selling and buying D*A*M pedals, I think it has probably evened out, but I can understand how some may see my selling of the 65 as a rather dubious thing to do. I didn't sell my 1965 for anything near the recent 65 price, plus it went to mrpicard who I knew would love and get a lot of use out of it.

I actually felt guilty about selling the 65 after all the work Dave put in to them and also, he did me a good favour(again!)with regards to that particular pedal in the first place, but the right offer was made by the right person and my lust for a solid state vox was satisfied due to that sale... So, in a way Dave made two people very happy!? :dance:

I'll be honest and upfront and say that the recent 65 price certainly influenced my short term decision to put the fuzzaround on ebay, but alas my personal morals about stuff like that etc etc has meant I've pulled the sale.

Despite the fact that the fuzzaround is the more versatile fuzz pedal, I still prefer the raw sound of the MKI, now that I have the right innards in the right box(Just what I've always wanted since the mid 90's!) the fuzzaround won't be seeing much use... ain't that a crime!? :hmm:

Have I said too much, or maybe not enough!?

Anyway, the new forum is real cool! 8-)

Philip
Dude you do not have to explain yourself, its your pedal man do as you wish... 8-)
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

Ted wrote:Dude you do not have to explain yourself, its your pedal man do as you wish... 8-)
No, that is incorrect. All rare D*A*M pedals must first be submitted to the official D*A*M Sale Review Board before they can be offered for sale. This board will then review the pedal, listen to the reason for sale, assess the worthiness of the sale, determine its value and then authorize the next steps. Of course, if the D*A*M Sale Review Board decides to first sell/give/offer the said rare pedal to Board members first, well, that is the prerogative of the Board. Decisions by the D*A*M Sale Review Board are final and cannot be questioned. For your information:

D*A*M Sale Review Board Members
mrpicard

New members will be reviewed in the near future, depending on payment of appropriate gratuity, the value of which is yet to be determined.
Poorbob

Post by Poorbob »

:lol: :lol:

That's pretty funny Mr. Picard. Sounds like some kind of corporate mumbo jumbo.
JP30

Post by JP30 »

So, that's the story . . . I was wondering if it was Philip . . .
I am guessing it is still up for sale?
I hope you get a very good offer, we all need money sometimes, and sometimes even more...

don't take anything less than $1800.oo :cthulhu:

Sometime ago, I felt that I was spending waaay too much time Online and was spending too much money on pedals. . . , so I can kinda imagine what Philip's feeling. . .
I made my peace with my Pedal addiction then. .. . actually . .. I just gave in to it.... I am happier this way. . .

((Come on Philip... Give into the Dark side . . .))
cubba

Post by cubba »

MKI wrote:
cubba wrote:

Hey Phillip,

Is it just like the 1965 or different
(that is, if you're not on a total sabbatical)?

:tongue:
:dance:

It's a bit more savage than the 65 I had, but then again I'm playing it through a different amp. I had the Vox Dynamic Bass head back then, I use the MKI through the Vox Supreme which is more trebley etc than the dynamic.
Thx for the mini-review Philip.

Oh and the band you're in sounds great!
I like the heavy jams you got goin' on there.

Regd. the Fuzzaround, it's like Ted said,
it's your pedal, do as you please.
Life matters most.
What gets me is all the tweaking,
just crank that bitch and be done with it! -- duende
mezcalhead

Post by mezcalhead »

I think I know where Phillip's coming from .. I sold a handful of rare Skreddy fuzzes a couple of months back .. they are lovely pedals but I just wasn't using them much. It was nice to have them go to good homes and I don't miss them, it kinda feels right that they're no longer my responsibility.

Now I just need to apply the less-is-more philosophy to my guitars .. and amps ..
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

I presume everyone has seen that it was removed from sale a few hours ago..
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Do you have a link to the ended auction? I would at least like to see the auction, in all its Ebay/fuzzaround glory :)
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

1bottlerocket wrote:Do you have a link to the ended auction? I would at least like to see the auction, in all its Ebay/fuzzaround glory :)
Historical eBay links are provided at $2.50 per request and will be added to your D*A*M Account... eBay: D*A*M Fuzzaround - Burns Buzzaround Replica
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Thanks for the Link mrpicard :)
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty