Is there anything wrong with the way this looks?

Ask a question...get some answers

Moderator: The Captain

thesjkexperience

Re: Is there anything wrong with the way this looks?

Post by thesjkexperience »

I have had a MKIII for most of the year. I got it used and I believe it is #31. It has an OC76 in it and some other things I cant read. To me it is an amazingly versatile fuzz that works with different gain settings and works well into a clean or dirty amp.

There is another thread around here where someone who owns a shop says the MKIII is far and away Scotys best pedal. I was going to buy a MKII, but really want to wait for a D*A*M MKII. To fill the gap I got a BYOC MKII and it is ok, but the PA MKIII blows it away.

Dont be worried about it. If it sounds great, and mine does, it is great! :cheers:
Steal a little and they throw you in jail. Steal a lot and they make you a King. -- Bob Dylan

"ripped out of the sky reforming thought into creation electric motion begins" - Linzi
Sauniere

Post by Sauniere »

MaryKelly wrote: I really like the sound of his pedals. They've got great tone and theyre solidly built.

The numbers on the transistors aren't even close to as important as the leakage and gain values. You could force yourself to use the continually diminishing quality OCmojo whatever just to have that number in your pedal even if it means not having the right values or you could get a good quality part with the right values for much cheaper and have a better sounding pedal. In most cases, a smart builder is going to build for sound and quality over just having the right pretty original part inside. Without looking, no one would ever know the difference.
Very good point, however when a builder charges as much as he did(which was quite a lot) for the "restored" pedals I purchased, I expect them to be EXACTLY the same as the original! Do they sound good? Fuck yes, but I paid a shit ton of money for a proper vintage restoration and that was not what I received. Not to mention it was not working 100% when I got it and I actually was charged extra to get it working properly. Don't know how he is these days now that he's found Jesus, but his customer support and general demeanor pretty much sucked. Had his MKII clone with 1 OC81D. Sounded cool, but no where near as good as the Supa Fuzz he "restored" for me(go figure) or the Captain's MKII with OC81Ds. Not to mention if you're going to sell something as an accurate clone or restoration, do your homework or be more truthful with your advertising.
Jazzandmetal?

Post by Jazzandmetal? »

smogfalls wrote:Hey jazzandmetal, hows it going? I thought I'd pop into this thread and say "Hi!" after talking to you over on TGP. I really want to see that fuzz film, where did you get a copy from?
Oh, and by the way, I love mk Pro Analog MkIII. It's definately one of my favourite fuzzes. I never found it to be thin at all though, not a chance!! Infact I thought the complete opposite! I have to tame the bass on my amp when I use it. I did a comparison of various Tonebender-esque fuzzes where I had the amp's EQ set flat and the Pro Analog had by far the most bass content. You can check it all out here...

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... p?t=477512

Then, I did another demo showing them with my amp set as it normally would be rather than a flat EQ...

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... p?t=477866

Cheers,
Xan :)
I borrowed it from my friend...and forum member electricbones. You can get it on amazon.com though.

http://www.amazon.com/Fuzz-Sound-That-C ... 180&sr=1-2

The captain is in it as well as a bunch of other TGP favorites....skreddy, paul cochrane...etc.
zerorez

Post by zerorez »

I just picked up a used Proanalog MKIII on TGP, it is a very nice sounding pedal and pulls of fantastic early Tonebender sounds.

Transistor 1 at the top with the B29 marking is a OC76
Transistor 2 in the middle is a OC44
Transistor 3 at the bottom Mullard OC42

zerorez

Post by zerorez »

Sickle wrote:You know, if Scotty wanted to take his religion thing seriously, he should take a Vow of Poverty and build these stomps for everyone for free..

LMAO :bump:
kb892

Post by kb892 »

Sickle wrote:You know, if Scotty wanted to take his religion thing seriously, he should take a Vow of Poverty and build these stomps for everyone for free..

Made in the name of Buddy Christ?
the_original_mr_nice

Post by the_original_mr_nice »

I'd prefer mine made in the name of the Baby Jesus :hihi:
Baby Jesus was born to rock :tu:
imlikeajungle

Post by imlikeajungle »

the decals.... :scared:
cubba

Post by cubba »

Sickle wrote:
imlikeajungle wrote:the decals.... :scared:
I wonder what the mark-up ratio is on a Proanalog pedal..
Holy water aint cheap these days, yo.

:banger:
What gets me is all the tweaking,
just crank that bitch and be done with it! -- duende
playon

Post by playon »

I wonder what that diode is doing in there? Maybe that's the mod that helps temperature-stabilize the ge trannys.

I just built a MKII kit and tried a few different transistor combinations in it. Compared to the two-transistor fuzzes, I think these pedals are a lot less critical as far as having higher-gain trannys, in fact putting a couple of lower gains in there seems to work best.
jkranitz wrote:I just picked up a used Proanalog MKIII on TGP, it is a very nice sounding pedal and pulls of fantastic early Tonebender sounds.

Transistor 1 at the top with the B29 marking is a OC76
Transistor 2 in the middle is a OC44
Transistor 3 at the bottom Mullard OC42

"That's a nice little global economy you've got there -- it'd be a real shame if something happened to it..."