TITAN LUURRRVVE

Power amplifier distortion from mount Zion.

Moderator: The Captain

Bobby DEE

Re: TITAN LUURRRVVE

Post by Bobby DEE »

the TITAN is pure awesomeness in a box!

i get a lot of cool lower gain tones out of it. the Titan basically replaced the tube screamer slot on my board, as it can do a nice chunky gain sound, and also stacks extremely well with other pedals in front.

i like it at the end of my dirt chain. hit it with a nice treble booster sort of pedal, and WATCH OUT! :crackjam:

i LUUURRRVEEE teh TITAN :badlove:
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Scott wrote:How does this pedal sound with older Fender tube amps from the fifties and sixties?? I know it sounds awesome with the Matamps of the world, but what about the vintage stuff??
It sounds absolutely fantastic with my 1962 brownface fender princeton...I have also tried it with my friends 1966 twin w/ jbl's with similarly awesome results (boy that amp HATED my meathead).
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
velgor

Post by velgor »

Last friday I got myself a first DAM, the Sonic Titan. I have a Matamp GT1 and I was looking for a good overdrive to get things really going. I tried some basic overdrives (ts808 etc) and they were a disappointment. They just didn't produce the sound I was looking for. The mids were just awfull. I got a rat, but it sounded muddy and didn't do justice to matamp's sound. Anyway, I had been thinking the sonic titan for a while now and last week a "googled" it once more and noticed that one music instrument store had them on stock here in Finland. I thought that this can't be true and ordered it immediately. It was a little bit more expensive, but I got it the next day. It's #032, made in 2006.

I hooked it up and my quest for overdrive was over in seconds. What a amazing pedal! It works great with the GT1. Just what I was looking for. I had a little doubt for it, because something can't be so perfect.

I have to get the Meathead dark for Titans company, together they will reign the sonic terror I'm about to spread with the band.

Btw, first post.

Cheers,
-V
what kind of hell is this anyway?
skybone

Post by skybone »

Welcome to the club! :oldgrin: :badlove: :freakout:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Welcome aboard! My first was a '66 I ordered direct back in the day, it only got worse, (in a good way!) from there. I think I have more D*A*M pedals than anything else now! They are great and I am sure you will love them.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
JJ Vampower

Post by JJ Vampower »

all my boost pedals went by the wayside when i got my cherry sonic titan- and she sparkles sexy purple too !
Great note definition for solos as well.
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

velgor wrote:Last friday I got myself a first DAM, the Sonic Titan. I have a Matamp GT1 and I was looking for a good overdrive to get things really going. I tried some basic overdrives (ts808 etc) and they were a disappointment. They just didn't produce the sound I was looking for. The mids were just awfull. I got a rat, but it sounded muddy and didn't do justice to matamp's sound. Anyway, I had been thinking the sonic titan for a while now and last week a "googled" it once more and noticed that one music instrument store had them on stock here in Finland. I thought that this can't be true and ordered it immediately. It was a little bit more expensive, but I got it the next day. It's #032, made in 2006.

I hooked it up and my quest for overdrive was over in seconds. What a amazing pedal! It works great with the GT1. Just what I was looking for. I had a little doubt for it, because something can't be so perfect.

I have to get the Meathead dark for Titans company, together they will reign the sonic terror I'm about to spread with the band.

Btw, first post.

Cheers,
-V

What Band you in?
It's like an orange on a toothpick
tigerdriver

Post by tigerdriver »

Just spent the past hour bonding with my neglected Titan...It's not often that I'm home alone and can actually crank it up, but it is so great when I can.
I went from Guided By Voices to Neil Young to Black Flag to June of 44. Short of fuzz, this pedal does everything worth doing.
Scott

Post by Scott »

tigerdriver wrote:Just spent the past hour bonding with my neglected Titan...It's not often that I'm home alone and can actually crank it up, but it is so great when I can.
I went from Guided By Voices to Neil Young to Black Flag to June of 44. Short of fuzz, this pedal does everything worth doing.
Your last sentence say it ALL about this pedal. Absolutely love this pedal!!!! It rocks hard with excellent note clarity. :party:
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

I'm digging the shit outta my new Titan :party: :hihi: