Holy Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Power amplifier distortion from mount Zion.

Moderator: The Captain

CALI68

Re: Holy Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by CALI68 »

I've been playing around with the Titan and my Strat and I'm finding that the Titan is far too bright with the Strat. I have paired it with my Klon with good results and I have also used the Drag'N'Fly (with zero attack and the tone (bass) cranked) which was also pretty good. If I reduce the tone of my pickups it sounds kinda muddy. This pedal sounds AMAZING with my Les Paul but it's kinda tricky with the Strat. Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Chris
fatherjack

Post by fatherjack »

Just got a Titan off ebay at a cracking price (I think!) , only played it in the house so far, but I'm already thinking about how much I can get for my other overdrives.
This thing seems to clean up better than anything else I've ever tried, sounds amazing at high vol & low drive, as well as kicking arse (sorry - ass!) with the drive up.
I've tried it with 3 guitars and it seems to me you need to use the tone control to get the best results for different guitars, I don't think that you can generalise and say, turn the tone up for HBs or turn it down for SCs for example, it seems to react differently depending on the pup output as well.
I'm also finding that it stacks well with other ODs, I've got a couple with boost switches on them, but the Titan does a much better job as a boost.
Got 2 gigs this w/end, will post again after a full road test!! 8-)
I could give up beer, but I'm not a quitter.
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

CALI68 wrote:I've been playing around with the Titan and my Strat and I'm finding that the Titan is far too bright with the Strat. I have paired it with my Klon with good results and I have also used the Drag'N'Fly (with zero attack and the tone (bass) cranked) which was also pretty good. If I reduce the tone of my pickups it sounds kinda muddy. This pedal sounds AMAZING with my Les Paul but it's kinda tricky with the Strat. Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Chris
Try it out with all the knobs turned down just past 12 o'clock. If you have your amp on the point of break up it should give a really punchy boost with single coil pickups & not too much top end.
fatherjack wrote:Just got a Titan off ebay at a cracking price (I think!) , only played it in the house so far, but I'm already thinking about how much I can get for my other overdrives.
This thing seems to clean up better than anything else I've ever tried, sounds amazing at high vol & low drive, as well as kicking arse (sorry - ass!) with the drive up.
I've tried it with 3 guitars and it seems to me you need to use the tone control to get the best results for different guitars, I don't think that you can generalise and say, turn the tone up for HBs or turn it down for SCs for example, it seems to react differently depending on the pup output as well.
I'm also finding that it stacks well with other ODs, I've got a couple with boost switches on them, but the Titan does a much better job as a boost.
Got 2 gigs this w/end, will post again after a full road test!! 8-)
Alright there Father? Would you like a little drink? :cheers: Yeah, the Titan is ace for boosting other dirt boxes. I especially like putting it after a Big Muff or Bluesbreaker.
It's like an orange on a toothpick
CALI68

Post by CALI68 »

I keep messing around with this Sonic Titan / Klon stack and the results are kick ass! I use the treble knob on the Klon to roll back some of the "shinny" stuff and I leave the Les Paul pickups pretty much all the way up with a slight roll of on the volume. It's a huge earth shatter sound! Same thing goes for the Strat but with the Strat I have the tone at around 6 or 7 and the volume ever so slight backed off. VERY fat and punchy!

Plus they both have cool ostentatious names THE KLON CENTAUR AND THE SONIC TITAN!!!! :headbanger: :cheers:

-Chris
fatherjack

Post by fatherjack »

Well I've gigged the Titan now and I can report that I'm liking this pedal.................a lot!!!!
This thread is aptly named, cos HOLY SHIT!!!!!! is exactly what I thought as I played the first solo of last night's gig!
I've gone stompbox crazy lately and am currently getting acquainted with several dirt boxes, all highly rated and bloody expensive, and I'm here to tell you that the Sonic Titan smokes them all, no arguments!
This thing also cleans up so well, the guys in the band didn't know it had been on all night, just riding the volume on the guitar.
I use a single channel amp (Cornford Hurricane) which is awesome both clean and dirty, and I've been looking for a pedal that sounds as good as the overdriven amp, I think this is it. Like having another channel, saving me a fortune as I can now forget about buying another amp.
Is this is the holy grail of overdrive pedals?
Sorry to gush so much, I realise I'm preaching to the converted, but I had to get that off my chest!
8-)
I could give up beer, but I'm not a quitter.
CALI68

Post by CALI68 »

fatherjack wrote:Well I've gigged the Titan now and I can report that I'm liking this pedal.................a lot!!!!
This thread is aptly named, cos HOLY SHIT!!!!!! is exactly what I thought as I played the first solo of last night's gig!
I've gone stompbox crazy lately and am currently getting acquainted with several dirt boxes, all highly rated and bloody expensive, and I'm here to tell you that the Sonic Titan smokes them all, no arguments!
This thing also cleans up so well, the guys in the band didn't know it had been on all night, just riding the volume on the guitar.
I use a single channel amp (Cornford Hurricane) which is awesome both clean and dirty, and I've been looking for a pedal that sounds as good as the overdriven amp, I think this is it. Like having another channel, saving me a fortune as I can now forget about buying another amp.
Is this is the holy grail of overdrive pedals?
Sorry to gush so much, I realise I'm preaching to the converted, but I had to get that off my chest!
8-)

Amen! :cheers:

-Chris