MKII Shootout / Guessing Game

D*A*M Audio/Video Clips

Moderator: The Captain

fuzz-tone

Re: MKII Shootout / Guessing Game

Post by fuzz-tone »

The Captain wrote:#3 is teh D*A*M and #2 is a JMI!?!?....#1 Skinpimp maybe?!!? :hmm:

Do I win a prize? :teeth2:
:marx:

#1: Image #2: Image #3: Image

#1: The Hurst, to me, is the least appealing of the bunch. It cleans up a bit, but lacks the compressed "sizzle" that I was after.
#2: The JMI nails the "sizzle" but doesn't clean up at all, not to mention it is one noisy SOB. It does the "Hurdy Gurdy" "Superlungs..." Donovan tones, but that's about it.
#3: The D*A*M is dead quiet, cleans up to almost an overdrive quality (LZ1), but is capable of going balls out and sustaining for days (Little Games).

Each pedal has it's strong points, but for me, the D*A*M wins the prize for most useful since it has a much wider variation of tones. The reason I did a second clip is because, while I prefer the D*A*M with a lower attack setting, it wasn't fair to compare it to the other pedals at that setting, since all they're capable of is scorching fuzz. The Hurst and JMI can approximate one setting of the D*A*M pedal, but that's all they do. The more I play them next to the D*A*M pedal, the more I realize the only reason I'll be keeping them is for the enclosures! There really is a reason Dave is "the shizz" in the industry these days. I was on the MKII list for a good long while, but I can tell you it was well worth the wait.

Dave, you are the man. :tu:
cubba

Post by cubba »

Just listened to your second clip (didn't see it there first time 'round)
and the 3rd pedal (now we know, it's the D*A*M) kills the other two :crackjam: .
You had to have the gain up like that to even make it a fair comparison,
as the first clip didn't have the same fuzz/drive settings for the 3rd pedal.
But hey, it was a neat test and I echo your comments :tu: .
What gets me is all the tweaking,
just crank that bitch and be done with it! -- duende
Philip

Post by Philip »

Glad you stayed on the D*A*M MKII wait list after all then!? :wink2:
fuzz-tone

Post by fuzz-tone »

Philip wrote:Glad you stayed on the D*A*M MKII wait list after all then!? :wink2:
Yeah, I needed to take a break from the forum more than I needed to walk away from the pedal!
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Ha! 2 outta 3 ain't bad :baddancing:

....I dig those little pics you have of each pedal...very classy.