Tattoo artist duzz fuzz (edit)

Power amplifier distortion from mount Zion.

Moderator: The Captain

Blobcaster

Tattoo artist duzz fuzz (edit)

Post by Blobcaster »

:gripe:
Last edited by Blobcaster on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jazzandmetal?

Re: Sonic TiTan clones being sold on TGP..........

Post by Jazzandmetal? »

I kind of thought about that when I saw the title and the insides. The pedals themselves look nicely made though.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

So, what's the front look like?

Link please....
mhat

Post by mhat »

The Captain wrote:So, what's the front look like?

Link please....

Thar she blows !!

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... p?t=494203

Mike
imlikeajungle

Post by imlikeajungle »

It looks like SHIT.
I see the thread on TGP has been heavily edited.
Jazzandmetal?

Post by Jazzandmetal? »

imlikeajungle wrote:It looks like SHIT.
I see the thread on TGP has been heavily edited.
Looks exactly like it did last night when it popped up. What was edited?

Why didn't Gururyan post here? Wasn't he a known member on the other forum?

I don't really think this guy is trying to rip David off. He is not selling the Sonic Samurai. David is a HUGE player in the pedal world. I don't think he has anything to worry about. There are a lot of builders out there doing similar things.

Customer service, Build/sound quality and reputation make or break builders. Cloning or not and David has the market cornered in the fuzz world along with very few other builders.
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

The TGP page clearly states that Sonic Titan clones are not being sold. I think this thread title should be edited or deleted, since it is simply not true. The only other purpose of a thread so titled is to talk about fiction.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Hats of to the guy. Just curious as to what it looked like an all :badteeth: Kinda flattering if anything. If some geezer thinks my hammer and nails approach to designing is worth replicating then its all good :fu:
jacobjj5

Post by jacobjj5 »

It says his "Sonic Samurai" is NOT FOR SALE...no worries, right?

I didn't get the impression that he is trying to steal anybody's thunder by "out-fuzzing" the competition, so to speak. I think we're looking at a fledgling, would-be pedal maker that has made a few pedals for himself & friends that they all seem to be enjoying, so why not step to the next level and sell some? It looks like his Samurai was built for himself, which is a plus on Dave's side...The Sonic Titan is such a cool sound, now people want to emulate it! I think that by people/companies emulating/replicating certain designs, that puts the originals in a sort of legendary status. As far as I know, the pedals that result from these efforts are not intended to eliminate the past, but to keep that past alive.

:tu:
Blobcaster

Post by Blobcaster »

jimi_dylan wrote:The TGP page clearly states that Sonic Titan clones are not being sold. I think this thread title should be edited or deleted, since it is simply not true. The only other purpose of a thread so titled is to talk about fiction.

when i posted this it was clearly not the case!!!!!!!!!plenty was edited out,like the builder spamming right there in the face of TGP & his Spam through Gururyan looks only thinly veiled IMO.

on top of that i did ask to have this thread deleted myself,all it got was a different title.
Last edited by Blobcaster on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.