I put a doom band together

Post sounds and videos of bands you dig on, even your own.

Moderator: The Captain

4001_cs

I put a doom band together

Post by 4001_cs »

http://cosmicoverlord.bandcamp.com/

I got sick of not being in an active band anymore, so I decided to put one together. Here´s the first recording(s) of doom band Cosmic Overlord. My idea was to go for the heavy stuff AND dynamics. So there are some quiteter parts, DIY synth noise circuit bent machinery, wierd percussion and that thing too. The first tune is the youtube clip, the rest is at the bandcamp page.

Sounds are my 1964 Gibson T-bird II through a miked SVT2 non pro + 8x10 fridge, and a pointy Ibanez guitar through a Marshall stack and with some effects like a first version EHX Small Stone, flanger et.c.

Right now the tunes are being spammed to a number of small labels, we hope to be able to release it on vinyl or cassette. Give it a listen!
HydrozeenElectronics

Re: I put a doom band together

Post by HydrozeenElectronics »

I checked out your band, good stuff, very heavy and Sabbathy! if you get a chance check out my band

Cheers

-Spook
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

Like it, like it. What Octave effect are you using Hyrdozeen?
It's like an orange on a toothpick
HydrozeenElectronics

Re:

Jim Goad wrote:Like it, like it. What Octave effect are you using Hyrdozeen?
Hey Jim, Glad you like it. I'm using a Danelectro Chili Dog Octave. It's a cheap copy of the Boss Octave pedal they say, but it tracks much better on the low E than the Boss one I used to have.

Thanks
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

Sounds like it tracks better than my Boss Octaver which struggles with anything below the low A.
It's like an orange on a toothpick
HydrozeenElectronics

Re:

Jim Goad wrote:Sounds like it tracks better than my Boss Octaver which struggles with anything below the low A.
It sure does. My old boss would start to get Wonky at about F# in standard tuning. In the video I'm tuned down to D at 432HZ and it tracks pretty damn good all the way down.