Sonic Titan question

Power amplifier distortion from mount Zion.

Moderator: The Captain

CALI68

Sonic Titan question

Post by CALI68 »

I love my Titan (I think I made that pretty clear already) :) but I do have a question regarding the tone control. I still don't get it. On mine It seems more like another gain control rather than tone. If I turn it counter clockwise it doesn't get less bright but rather less distorted if I go clockwise it gets much more distorted but not really any more bright than it already is.

Should it be a cut and dry tone control like on the Drag'n'Fly or is it meant to be interactive with the drive control? What am I missing here?

Thanks!

-Chris
The Captain

Re: Sonic Titan question

Post by The Captain »

:hihi: Hey Chris, Yeah it is strange one. It is a high-cut tone control but acts more like a bias or pre-gain to the master volume because of how the circuit is configured. Bad labeling on my part really but I did like how the word "Tone" looked as apposed to say "bias"

Check out Duende's review here:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=363&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10

He makes more sense than me and its great review :badteeth:
wheelman

Post by wheelman »

That's cool info about the bias/ tone knob. I just got a Titan, and only strayed a little with the tone knob. Almost immediate bliss right off the bat I say almost, because I didn't know if it was a full on fuzz pedal or overdrive ( or something in between) I didnt' know what to expect. So I had to think about it a second. Once I heard it under the right condition I was immediately addicted. Such a great design Dave. It covers a lot of ground that I like.
... "Where is the Magic everybody talks about?"...
muffin man

Post by muffin man »

I,m on Titan number two and love it to bit's :crackjam:
I allway's run the tone fully clockwise to add a bit more ooomph :badteeth: :listening: