Last Fuzzaround and an old piece o' shit....

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

The Captain

Last Fuzzaround and an old piece o' shit....

Post by The Captain »

Greetings football fans,

Last Fuzzaround, Black n Gold number #3 goes up tomorrow with this grimy piece of dirt that may or may not be of interest.....

No I've not gone mad and decided to sell all my old stuff. I'm selling it on behalf of a friend. I have not stated this on the listing but I'm letting you guys know so you know the crack.

Some info for interested parties....

Long story short, the Shrew came into being at the same time as the Meathead. I wanted to make a single knob fuzz box and the Shrew and the Meathead were the two candidates for the job. The winner of the two was obviously the Meathead. The Shrew uses an op-amp and clipping diode arrangement rather than transistor set-up of the Meathead so the tone isn't as open or as dynamic. The fuzz tone is more forced if that makes sense. The Shrew seemed to be too much where as the Meathead had at least some finesse with its behavior. Were as the Meatheads roots lay with a Tone Bender/ Fuzz Face circuit (Yaff yaff!) the Shrew was based on the op-amp version of the Muff Fuzz. I don't claim to have re-invented sliced bread so I feel it’s important to state where something comes from. It’s basically tuned in the right places to get the job done, well for my tastes at least.
This is the first Shrew that I made. It was originally made in 2002 and housed into a folded aluminum chassis. It was gigged to death and was then re-housed in 2004 in the enclosure you see now. Its quite obviously been well used since then. It was re-set up in 2004 primarily as a bass fuzz and too be used at stupid volume levels. The fuzz tone is very strong but has an abrupt gating effect as the note decays...not whilst you're playing only after the note rings out. It was intended this way as is was used as a bass fuzz and this seemed to help the note definition and its ability to cut through the mix. If my fragile memory serves me correct there were 3 Shrews made in total. One of those was actually labeled as a Bass Meathead but had this same type of circuit inside.

The start times (GMT) are:

6.30pm - Fuzzaround Black n Gold Hammer/Auction 3 days

9.30pm - The Shrew/Auction 3 days

There was one more new one-off pedal but I ain't finished it yet and I have to crack on with these 1966's so that will have to hang back for now.

Up after these will be the Black n Gold Meats. More info on those in a couple of days time.

:cthulhu:
markom89

Re: Last Fuzzaround and an old piece o' shit....

Post by markom89 »

Way cool!
Can't wait to see what the 3rd (and last) fuzzaround fetches on the bay!
Likewise, can't wait to see what this little green guy fetches!
Hope they end up going to forum bros!
... and this new pedal... tell us more, capitain!
:D
grygrx

Post by grygrx »

Neat... I'd love to lay hands on more D*A*M bass dirt ;)
ufoclub

Post by ufoclub »

:squint:
the hidden brother of the meathead....
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
Sodoma e Gomorra.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Looks nice, will have to follow :badlove:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
kb892

Post by kb892 »

Nice, my first effect was an opamp Muff Fuzz.... absolute sonic death with my rented noname tele and ss Hohner amp! Those were the days?
aaland_brian

Post by aaland_brian »

I think a run of shrew deluxes would be a cool pedal for dave to make a limited run of for the forum. Or maybe it really wasn't that great of a pedal, but I have a feeling some would dig it. Hope the last fuzzaround makes even more than the last one.
I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his [sic] creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious ourselves. Albert Einstein
happiass

Post by happiass »

Very nice. Can't wait to see what the last Fuzzaround goes for :tu: .
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

:o :o :o

Awesome!
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
sundayfeast

Post by sundayfeast »

Shrew looks SICK. I need that.