Post by Philip »

reticon wrote:
2) Why doesn't mine have one??
Probably a fairly early one, they came without an internal trim pot. :cool:
The Captain

Re: Three MKII Questions

Post by The Captain »

1) Yarp. You would be correct, sir.

2) Its an older model. I only added the trimmer as I increased the volume I produced. It doesn't need one in my opinion (the one I make for Sola Sound don't have one) just it freed up a little time for me when I was making 30+ at once.

3) Kinda, but I'd personally say the usable range you could tweak is less than on a Fuzz Face style circuit. You can squeeze a little more volume boost but it starts to alter the fuzziness, kinda rounds it off a little too much and sounds a little less dynamic.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

reticon wrote:Is a replacement case an option?
Yes, but you'd have to return the pedal to castle D*A*M.
Philip

Post by Philip »

reticon wrote:
Now sure would be a great time for one of those terrible sounding two transistor 90s reissue Sola MKII pedals to pop up on eBay. I would so buy it, toss the guts, and rehouse! :)
Not all of em were terrible. :badteeth:
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Hey, if you want real time replies send me an email, man.

Yes. you have to send the whole thing back. I'm not about to start sending out empty enclosures.

Though, if the box you got is a dog shit mess send the empty box to me and I'll send you a new one. Either way PM me or send me a mail.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

The Captain wrote:Though, if the box you got is a dog shit mess send the empty box to me and I'll send you a new one. Either way PM me or send me a mail.
Did I miss something?
mjkk

Re: Re:

Post by mjkk »

reticon wrote:
Sickle wrote:Yes, he's saying you can't just send the guts. That's not a very reasonable request, dude..If you want a rehouse, send the entire box back, and please do not try to remove the parts or you could damage the pedal, which will add 'repair' to your invoice in addition to rehousing.
I never said I wanted to just send the guts. The guts are fine. I said I wanted to send the CASE, remember? It's caving in!

Newsflash! This just in! There are plenty of other people in the world capable of soldering, de-soldering, and rehousing pedals.

As if I'm going to risk my pedal getting damaged or lost in the mail. This pedal is will now be rehoused into a 1590P1 Box and this p.o.s. BimBox will go to eBay.

Thank you've been helpful.

WTF, why would you put one of Daves' creations in a different box other than his, especially since you just picked it up meaning you more than likely paid a pretty penny? Why the madness, seems crazy buying a multi-hundred dollar pedal almost guaranteed to go up in value, then strip it of it's identity, making it less desirable? Call me crazy but I'd feel fortunate that the captain is allowing a used pedal to come back for a rehouse for "week" case problems.
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
skybone

Post by skybone »

reticon wrote:As if I'm going to risk my pedal getting damaged or lost in the mail. This pedal is will now be rehoused into a 1590P1 Box and this p.o.s. BimBox will go to eBay.

Thank you've been helpful.
Hang on, if you were to use either a reputable, international courier, or use your country's mail service, and get the package insured, after of course, packaging it up well, then what's the problem? I've sent quite a few pedals overseas, and I am very sure that The Captain has as well, and I know of none that have either been damaged or gone missing (there have been a few times where I've been worried about packages, but they all got to where they were going). Yes, insuring your package will cost you a bit extra, but surely that bit extra is worth it for the piece of mind you'll get (or at least, if anything does happen to it in transit, you can claim on the insurance for your loss).

Reading through the thread, I'm seeing that reticon is asking what he thinks is a reasonable request, that The Captain send him a replacement case for his newly acquired pedal, however, without the authentication of actually seeing the pedal "in the flesh", The Captain would be setting up a rather costly precedent for his company if he were to just send out an empty box. If it were your company, what would you do? Ask the end user to return the item, or simply issue them with another box so that they could then either turn around a fake pedal or put the empty box on eBay (or the like), so that someone else could do the same?

Surely, if you had a warranty issue with an amp or guitar or any other consumer goods, then you would expect to return that item to the original equipment manufacturer for them to sort out. Would you really expect Marshall/Fender/Gibson/Roland/Korg/Yamaha/etc to replace something on the consumers word alone, or would you expect to return the item to them, for their tech's to sort the issue out for you, and then return it when it's done.

Just trying to add some reason and diplomacy here.
Philip

Post by Philip »

There;s really no need to overly analyze the situation. :badteeth:

A: Can I get a replacement enclosure?

B: Sure, send the pedal back to me!

A: I'm not sending the pedal back to you, can you just send me an empty enclosure?

B: Sorry, no can do!

:teeth2:
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

reticon wrote:Newsflash! This just in! There are plenty of other people in the world capable of soldering, de-soldering, and rehousing pedals.

As if I'm going to risk my pedal getting damaged or lost in the mail.
Surely if you are going to the trouble of getting it rehoused, you would be best to have it done by the person who actually built the thing in the first place...if anything screwed up, who's the best person to fix it? You may devalue it ,having it seen to by a third party.

And your pedal is already damaged, no?